Friday 9 January 2009

Deleted scenes

This is the school area in which Monkey boy was the tutor and Baby was the pupil. Later I didn't like this idea as it was just lengthening the story with no other input.


This scene, after Baby's radio is broken, He snuggles up to mum for comfort. Whilst asleep, he feels the similar vibration from the radio through mum's body. He thinks that his toy is not broken after all.


When danger arises, it is only Baby and mum who run to safety, However this did not warrant the whole neighbourhood to celebrate his bravery, but if he was to save everyone, that would give a better reason.


The love interest (with another female Baby alien) at the end was a contrast to the hate Baby received in the beginning, but I decided that it should be his mother he would reunite with because it was her who he disappointed and lost pride..

This collection of props put together to resemble a face was my alternative to Baby giving the monster the radio. It was supposed to be a piece offering to stop him eating the rest of the cast! But again, it didn't feel right.

This first picture was an alternative ending which didnt really portray Baby's bravery.

The monter's claw stomping down, I thought wasn't necessary after all.


The abuse Baby received was sufficient, so the dustbin being emptied on him served no purpose, and so it was cut.

In my script I wanted to show how friends can be there for some one until the end, but in reality this is not so. My alien deaf Baby made frinds with Monkey boy, who became baby's tutor and friend leading to a 'happy ever after' ending........

In this scene, Monkey boy and Baby went off to play. This again served no purpose in the story as it was obvious that they were already friends.

When danger was near, Monkey boy warned Baby and instructed him to protect his family.......this, I later thought made Monkey boy the hero.

At first, when Monkey boy decended the tree, I felt he was forgotten about. So I decided to kill him off, which also served as another low in Baby's life before he became the hero.
The 'other's' snatched the radio from Baby and smashed it on the ground, this I thought was a good low point in my storyline, but not enough to warrant Baby's heroic actions that I wanted for him.

Monkey boy taught Baby some basic sign language, Hat, Book and Radio.... I thought the Hat was good as it represents an uneducated person in the class! and Monkey boy used it as a way of bonding with baby. The book, I later thought was irrelevant.

After consideration, the abuse appeared unnecessary. The pain baby should be feeling is not that of personal injury but that of loss and heartache, disappointment and neglect.

No comments:

Post a Comment